So the bag is basically packed. Give or take a few last minute things. As well as the usual – maternity bras, basic clothes, nappies, toothbrush etc these are the items I am packing which I wish I had the first time round or things that will hopefully make my stay a little more comfortable.
This is what I will be including
- Cotton button up nighties. I still have these from when I was in hospital with Coco. Similar one here.
- Recovery compression shorts
- Bathroom slides and other slippers
- High-waisted underwear. I am trying out these Kin Fertility ones this time, previously I had these Bonds ones. Even the midwives said how good they were!
- ANY type of sheet masks, face masks, eye masks. I love the James Cosmetics ones
- Lip Balm and a nice hand cream
- Old school earphones, not airpods for when I am up feeding. I like to listen to podcasts.
- Omnilux LED Mask
- Dyson Airwrap
- New fancy Mini skincare set from Tata Harper
- Nice body wash and cream (that first shower is a dream)
- 1-2 baby wraps and basic singlets/tops
- ALL the feeding essentials ie. Hydrogel patches, Silverette shields, Mustela Nursing Comfort Balm
- A little but of make up
- My new Stanley Cup for all the water you have to drink when feeding. This is the US size, but a smaller version is available here in Australia
- Snacks – no one tells you how hungry you get when you’re up feeding
- Extension chord and powerbank – so random but I remember the only powerpoint being a mile away from the bed when you needed to charge your phone
- Phone charging cable (of course)
- My Hill House robe. I cannot wait to get into this beauty
Anything else I am missing? Let me know!